Thursday, October 7, 2010

I feel like such a grown up!

I am so excited today! I feel like I am an official grown up I just finished making... wait for it.... LASAGNA!!!!

I cannot wait for dinner!

We have swim team practice from 5:30 till 6:30, but it will only take 20-30 mins in the oven and then ready to eat. And during those 20 mins I will be sauteing up some yummy veggies to serve with it. Zucchini, Squash, Green beans, onions and garlic in butter MMmmmm I am SOOOO excited!  Can you tell? Can you see my eager fingers tapping on each other with the stupid grin on my face?

Tuesday night I made Fettucini Alfredo for dinner. I added mushrooms and left over parmesean garlic chicken and served it with roasted Asparagus.

See! I told you that I feel all grown up!

It has been a while since I cooked, and even then it was NOT fancy stuff. Just normal stuff. boring food.. that is all. But this week I had a friend call and ask for a recipe.... a recipe that took me like 30 mins to find... and of course, it was literally the LAST place I looked for it. So by the time I found it, my living room floor had recipes ALL OVER it! So I made lemon aid :-)

I sifted through every recipe that I had loose on the floor (not the books, that would be a job for another day) and got rid of the ones that I didnt think I would make (ingredients we dont like, too much work, there were six of the same thing... you get the idea) and then set up a menu plan for the week.

It was so cool! I didnt even know that I was doing it, but I prepared myself to go grocery shopping. I already knew what was for dinner, so I knew what I needed to have on hand for those recipes. And now, I have three more recipes that I know where to put... either get rid of because I will NOT be making it again, or in my binder to use next time. (Oh, I have a bunch of printed out recipes in page protectors that I keep in a binder. That way I dont have them all over the place loose (well, not those ones anyway) and I can take one page out when I need that recipe. the Page protector.... protects the page from all the mess that gets on recipes when I cook too)

Alright, I also want to talk about my new table and our trip to disneyland, but maybe if I just save it, I will have the gumption to post another day too :-) And next time will be with PICTURES!!! Yay! I love reading blogs with pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment