Thursday, May 21, 2009

Going to START....

So, I get on here in the morning to drink a cup of coffee and "wake up". I read lots of different blogs and the day washes away. Every once in a while I get up and play with the kids or read a book or two, but this thing has been eating me alive for the past few days. URRG!!! I sit here reading about other people who are doing (or at least trying to do) what I, myself want to do.

I have realized two things while being consumed by the internet:
1- I have more to talk about than I think I do... I could blog if I just set my mind to do so. (I usually do not think that I have anything to say)   ..... and ......
2- While I sit in front of this computer "learning" how to do the things I want to do or "getting inspiration", I am still just SITTING IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER!!!! I may as be on the couch in front of the TV.... My life is passing me by.

SO... I have decided that instead of spending hours on here after my kids have already gotten up, I am going to start DOING the things I am wanting to do.  Like reading with my kids, cleaning my house, gardening, canning, playing with and training my dog, loving my husband, cooking dinner (and preparing for it too).

You would think these are all common sense things, but somehow, they have gotten pushed to "a latter date" because I am to "busy" reading about how to do these things best. I will still get on the internet, but for only a set time, and I think it will need to be at the end of the day, or during nap time.... I will blog (or at least try to more often) and I will get my kids doing the same. I want to keep logs of what we have done and what God is doing in our lives, but I have been putting it off.... My oldest needs practice in her writing. What better way to practice than my "killing two birds with one stone"?

I think today I will start with this blog and having the kids answer ONE question in a notebook.... Maybe... What would you like to learn about over the summer and why? For the younger ones I think I will write it out for them and help them write their name and date nicely. Then, I think we will take our dog for a walk.....

That is it... for today! That is what we will do. Ask me tomorrow if we got it done. Please. I need the accountability.
Well, until tomorrow... I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment